Any business can get GSTIN by registering under GST portal or at GST Seva Kendra which is set up by the Government of India. It is mandatory for the taxpayer to register under GST system to avoid inconvenience or penalty in their running businesses. If you do not have to know about the process to registration under GST portal, then no need to worry as we have provided here the stepwise easy process that can help you a lot in the registration process.
GST is Goods and Services Tax which has been implemented in India from 1st of July 2017. And now, it is necessary to register under GST for making a tax payment. You can apply for GST registration by going through a simple two-stage process. You will need to fill part- A and Part-B form to complete the process of registration. Then after verification and approval, you will you’re your registration certificate number.
Steps to register for GST on GST Portal
- First of all, visit the official website of GST.
- Then login to the online portal with valid credentials.
- Then, you will need to fill up the form part-A with details such as PAN, mobile number, and email ID.
- After providing these details, the system will verify it by OTP or email.
- Now, you will need to upload required documents as per your busyness type.
- After this, you will receive a TRN number that needed to access and to fill the form-B.
- You should know that you will receive application reference number via mobile number or email ID.
- The GST officer will verify your submitted details and documents and after 3 working days will the GST registration certificates if GST officer approves your GST application.
- In another case, if GST officer required more documents or more details in the form ‘GST-REG-03’, then within seven working days provide the required documents along with form GST-REG-04.
- The officer will verify your details and if the officers approve your GST application then within 7 working days, you will get GST registration certificate.
- In case the officer rejects your GST application, then you will be informed through form GST-REG-05.
Advantages of applying for GST registration
- After registration, you will be the legally recognized supplier of the goods and the services.
- You can make GST payment easily.
- You can also avail the input tax credit on goods and services purchased.
Note: You should note that the supply of the goods or the services from more than one state as a single legal entity, a separate GST registrations are required for each state. You will need to register separately for each state with the same PAN number.
How to view/ Track applications
The GST portal gives an easy path to access all your submitted information and any other responses by visiting the official website of GST. You can also get the automatic notifications and the status of the applicant’s changes at each stage. Apart from this, you can also check the status of the application manually by visiting the official portal of GST.
Track Application Status
Users can track the status of their application by using the “Registration” >> “Services” >> “Track Application Status” service from the GST Portal.
View submitted application
For this, you will need to login to the GST website and then navigate to “Services” >> User Services >> “View My Submissions” to access your submitted applications.
Note: This webpage is dedicated to the “GST registration information”. So, you can bookmark this page and visit here again to get the latest updates related to the GST.
To Know about Income Tax. Please visit http://incometaxlogin.co.in/